6. Johnson willphone his mother as soon as he in Kunming.
C. will arrive
D. is arriving
7. The young policemanasked her name was.
8. This song isvery with young people.
9. The family at a small hotel for the night.
A. put up
B. went up
C. got up
D. jumped up
10. "We can't go out in this weather, "said Bob, out of the window.
A. to have looked
D. to look
11. --Let' s go to the concert tonight, Mary.
--Sorry, I . I have to help my morn with the housework.
A. needn' t
B. can' t
C. mustn' t
D. shouldn' t
12. I chose thiscoat in the end because oneswere all too expensive.
A. the others
D. the other
13. We got to thecinema late the heavytraffic.
A. because of
B. instead of
D. except for
14. David hasdecided football at theend of this season.
A. give up
B. giving up
C. to give up
D. having given up
15. Clearly, object of the game is to improve children' s math skills.
A. 不填; the
B. an ; the
C. 不填; 不填
D. the ; 不填
16. arriving home she found her oldfriend already there.
17. He says he hasthe T-shirt, I\\\\\' ve never seenhim wear it.
18. When Anna the room, a group of young men weretalking eagerly round the table.
B. has entered
19. --Do you mindif I open the window？
A. Yes, please
B. No, go ahead
C. No, please don't
D. Yes,you' d better do
20. A museum in the city centre next year.
A. will be built
B. will build
C. was built
Over the summer, my family took a trip toIceland to see the natural beauty of it. Little did I 21 I would wake up one morning to have my eyesswelled up (肿胀) like balloons! Iwasfrightened. So many questions were 22 through my head. Am I allergic (过敏的) to something?Was there some Icelandic disease that I 23 ? The only help I received was some allergytnedicine 24 aclinic nearby. Nothing was working.
When the trip was over, I went to see mydoctor. She gave me eye drops, but clearly theyweren't worth the time or 25 andthe swelling got worse and worse.
I finally decided that it would be best forme to 26 being so sad and take it easy andhavefun. It was summer after all. I had a fun night with my friends as ifnothing was 27 . The nextmorning I woke up and went to 28 howswollen my eyes were, only to find myself 29 atmynormal face. It was a miracle (奇迹).I 30 asking myself why I hadn' t done that earlier. Wasbeing with myfriends and having fun really the 31 to my problem?
To this day I still do not know what I had,and 32 doany of the many doctors that I 33 during the summer. I would really liketo go back to Iceland to see the Northern Lights, 34 I amvery much frightened that I am justallergic to the country. I hope I never 35 having suchterribleswelling in my eyes ever again.
21. A. know B. doubt C. insist D. fear
22. A. cutting B. going C. pulling D.hurrying
23. A. caused B. fought C. caught D. treated
24. A. on B. from C. with D. to
25. A. pain B. adventure C. weight D. money
26. A. try B. mind C. prefer D. stop
27. A. fair B. mistaken C. similar D. wrong
28. A. check B. explain C. describe D. mark
29. A. aiming B. looking C. waving D. pointing
30. A. missed B. kept C. regretted D. excused
31. A. way B. relation C. answer D. devotion
32. A. neither B. none C. either D. no
33. A. hated B. employed C. disappointed D. visited
34. A. so B. or C. but D. for
35. A. finish B. forgive C. experience D.consider